- RSS Channel Showcase 6399102
- RSS Channel Showcase 4338230
- RSS Channel Showcase 2074191
- RSS Channel Showcase 1646019
Articles on this Page
- 04/07/17--12:01: _Four Things to Watc...
- 05/03/17--14:13: _It’s Soon or Never ...
- 05/08/17--17:21: _Detecting Swings
- 05/22/17--08:09: _This is What a Lack...
- 06/12/17--15:39: _One Good Reason NOT...
- 06/27/17--17:24: _Summer Fun with Bio...
- 07/05/17--11:26: _A Focus on the Tren...
- 08/01/17--12:31: _Respect the Trend, ...
- 08/03/17--10:57: _Detecting Swings
- 08/18/17--11:51: _One More Cry of ‘Wolf’
- 09/07/17--22:17: _The Gathering Storm
- 10/06/17--08:23: _A Simple Indicator ...
- 10/17/17--02:36: _System Development ...
- 10/30/17--13:32: _An Unusual 4 ETF Po...
- 11/14/17--11:34: _Adding groups and s...
- 11/14/17--11:38: _A Bottom-Picking Po...
- 12/13/17--16:00: _Bitcoin May Rise An...
- 12/13/17--16:16: _A Candlestick Strat...
- 12/20/17--02:23: _Weekly and Daily MACD
- 01/03/18--12:19: _The Biotech-Gold St...
- 04/07/17--12:01: Four Things to Watch for Warning Signs
- 05/03/17--14:13: It’s Soon or Never for Bonds
- 05/08/17--17:21: Detecting Swings
- 05/22/17--08:09: This is What a Lack of Fear Looks Like (I Think)
- 06/12/17--15:39: One Good Reason NOT to Pick a Bottom in DIS
- 06/27/17--17:24: Summer Fun with Biotech and Real Estate
- 07/05/17--11:26: A Focus on the Trends in Stocks, Bonds and Gold
- 08/01/17--12:31: Respect the Trend, But Beware
- 08/03/17--10:57: Detecting Swings
- 08/18/17--11:51: One More Cry of ‘Wolf’
- 09/07/17--22:17: The Gathering Storm
- 10/06/17--08:23: A Simple Indicator for Traders
- 10/17/17--02:36: System Development Using Artificial Intelligence
- 10/30/17--13:32: An Unusual 4 ETF Portfolio…That Seems to Work
- 11/14/17--11:34: Adding groups and sectors to your Group/Sector List
- 11/14/17--11:38: A Bottom-Picking Portfolio
- 12/13/17--16:00: Bitcoin May Rise Another 20-fold, But First….
- 12/13/17--16:16: A Candlestick Strategy With Soldiers And Crows
- 12/20/17--02:23: Weekly and Daily MACD
- 01/03/18--12:19: The Biotech-Gold Stock Connection
First things first: I am primarily a trend-follower (this is based on, a) the relative long-term benefits of following trends and b) my lack of ability to actually “predict” anything – but I digress). As a trend-follower I love the fact that the stock market has been trending higher and the fact that there is … Continue reading Four Things to Watch for Warning Signs
There is great trepidation in the bond market these days. Most investors seem to have the “interest rates are sure to rise” mantra playing on auto loop in their head. And this is not entirely unwarranted. Given the historical tendency for bond yields to move in long, slow trends (20 years or more essentially in … Continue reading It’s Soon or Never for Bonds
The AIQ code based on Domenico D’Errico’s article in the May 2017 issue of Stoks Commodities, “Detecting Swings,” is provided below. I tested the author’s four systems using the NASDAQ 100 list of stocks on weekly bars, as did the author, from 3/16/2005 through 3/14/2017. Figure 7 shows the comparative metrics of the four systems … Continue reading Detecting Swings
I keep hearing that investors are “skittish” and “concerned” about the markets and the economy and so forth. But the recent action in a relatively obscure ETF jumped out at me and seems to suggest that this is not necessarily the case – at least not among those who are active in the markets. From what … Continue reading This is What a Lack of Fear Looks Like (I Think)
A better title for this article might be “How to Avoid Losing 98% in Disney.” The recent dip in the price of Disney stock may ultimately prove to be a buying opportunity. But for reasons detailed below I am going to let this one pass. If you have read my stuff in the past you know … Continue reading One Good Reason NOT to Pick a Bottom in DIS
Studies suggest that buying an upside breakout can be a good strategy. It sure can be scary though. There is always that underlying fear of looking like “the last fool in” if the security in question experiences only a false breakout and then reverses back to the downside (and I hate it when that happens). Still, … Continue reading Summer Fun with Biotech and Real Estate
In the end it is not so much about “predicting” what will happen next in the financial markets, but rather recognizing – and being prepared for – the potential risks, that makes the most difference in the long run. So let’s start by looking at current trends. Stocks Let’s start with a most simple trend-following … Continue reading A Focus on the Trends in Stocks, Bonds and Gold
It is hard to look at Figure 1 and argue that the trend of the stock market is anything but bullish. Major averages making new all-time highs is essentially the very definition of a bull market. And indeed the market may continue to push higher indefinitely. Figure 1 – Four Major Averages all at or … Continue reading Respect the Trend, But Beware
The AIQ code based on Domenico D’Errico’s article in the May 2017 issue of Stocks & Commodities issue, “Detecting Swings,” is provided here. I tested the author’s four systems using the NASDAQ 100 list of stocks on weekly bars, as did the author, from 3/16/2005 through 3/14/2017. Figure 7 shows the comparative metrics of the four … Continue reading Detecting Swings
If I were the type to make bold proclamations I would probably consider “taking my shot” right here and shout “This is the Top” and/or “The Market May Crash.” Unfortunately, on those occasions (well) in the past when I would make bold public predictions of what was about to happen in the financial markets I … Continue reading One More Cry of ‘Wolf’
First the Good News: *The market averages are still in an up trend *The Fed has yet to “remove the punch bowl” Figure 1 – Major Averages still in Up Trends (Courtesy AIQ TradingExpert) Figure 2 – Fed Quantitative Easing propels the stock market (Courtesy RealInvestmentAdvice.com) Now the bad news Market Bellwethers Flashing Warnings In this article I wrote about … Continue reading The Gathering Storm
First the Bad News: There are no “magic bullets” when it comes to trading. There are people in this industry who have literally tested somewhere in the range of six bazillion “indicators” – give or take (“Hi. My name is Jay”). Every trend following indicator looks like a gold mine when it latches onto a … Continue reading A Simple Indicator for Traders
The AIQ code based on Domenico D’Errico and Giovanni Trombetta’s article in August 2017 Stock & Commodities issue, “System Development Using Artificial Intelligence,” is shown here. You can also download the EDS file from here Are humans or computers better at trading? This question has been around on many fronts since the era of punch … Continue reading System Development Using Artificial Intelligence
I know I repeat it a lot but the purpose of this blog is not to offer recommendations but rather to share ideas. So here is one that I am not quite sure about but am keeping an eye on. The FourNonCorr Portfolio Somewhere awhile back I started looking at trying to pair non correlated … Continue reading An Unusual 4 ETF Portfolio…That Seems to Work
Adding groups and sectors to your Group/Sector List If for some reason you want to add to the Group/Sector List delivered with the system, TradingExpert Pro provides the necessary functions. The procedure for adding to your Group/Sector List is as follows: 1. Add any new stocks to the Master Ticker List 2. Add new group … Continue reading Adding groups and sectors to your Group/Sector List
The post Adding groups and sectors to your Group/Sector List appeared first on AIQ TradingExpert Pro.
In a recent article I highlighted some stocks that appeared to have a chance of “putting in a low”. In another article, I highlighted the potential usefulness of “horizontal lines” on a chart. The phrase “putting in a low” is essentially a kindler, gentler version of the phrase “Hey, let’s pick a bottom”. The reality is that the … Continue reading A Bottom-Picking Portfolio
First off, for the record I am an “Old Dog” and Bitcoin is a “New Trick”. That creates a problem right there. The truth is also that can’t honestly say that I fully understand what Bitcoin actually is or how it actually works (which technically means I am in pretty good company with a lot … Continue reading Bitcoin May Rise Another 20-fold, But First….
ndle reversal patterns—a bullish one white soldier and a bearish one black crow—that requ The Expert Design Studio code for Jerry D’Ambrosio and Barbara Star’s article, “A Candlestick Strategy With Soldiers And Crows,” in Stocks & Commodities October 2018 issue is shown below.”Among the more well-known candlestick reversal patterns are soldiers and crows. These occur … Continue reading A Candlestick Strategy With Soldiers And Crows
The AIQ code based on Vitali Apirine’s article in December 2017 issue of Stocks and Commodities magazine, “Weekly & Daily MACD,” is provided below. The moving average convergence/divergence oscillator (MACD), developed by Gerald Appel, is one of the more popular technical analysis indicators. The MACD is typically used on a single timeframe, but what if … Continue reading Weekly and Daily MACD
At first blush there might not seem to be much to connect biotech stocks and gold stocks. One type of company hires people to engage in high tech biomedical engineering in order to develop potentially life-saving – or at least, life altering – medical breakthroughs… …while the other hires people to (essentially) dig holes in … Continue reading The Biotech-Gold Stock Connection